.: Black Sail Revenant :.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
.: Black Sail Revenant :.

Pirates ain't do no slack - Silver Rayleigh

3 posters

Land Battle

CaptRichie
    CaptRichie

Land Battle Empty Land Battle

Post  CaptRichie Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:10 pm

LAND BATTLES

CHAPTER 1 - UTILITY

A. What are they useful for?

1. Training swordplay/gunfire/throwing/sword mastery/sniping/traps/Merchandise Knowledge
    2. Getting shipwreck map pieces/normal maps
    3. Getting money/items from dungeons
    4. Getting roman coins in the coliseum
    5. Helping beginners by bringing them to the dungeons with tickets
    6. Deck battles(not implemented yet)
    7. Dueling, showing off and having fun

B. What they aren't very efficient, but could be used for?

1. Getting experience for battle/adventurer job
    2. Training storage(by getting defeated)

C. Land battles don't increase:

1. Plunder
    2. First aid

CHAPTER 2 - BASICS

A. What is required to land battle?

1. Consumables to support the battle. These include:

1.1. Medications, Secret Medications, Antidotes. In my opinion for the common land battle these are the staples. Why? Because your main priority is staying alive. The 4th could be an offensive item. These include: Intoxicating wine, explosives, paralysis.I recommend the wines, because they will make the npc unable to heal and use techs. You should use it when it has around half health, so you can defeat him before the effect goes off.

Observation: While the damage items(bombs, fires, etc) sound good, and help a lot in the beginning, they will make you use your weapons less, turning your skill training slower overall, since you will attack with your sword/gun/etc less times to defeat your enemy.

1.2. For the coliseum, if doing in fleet(as it should be done,) I recommend the "Perfect Evasion" items, like Hawk Wings, because the npcs can gang up on just 1 player, making it necessary to have some turns of invincibility to breath; I also recommend one medication of fleet effect.

2. The weapon skills:
    2.1. Sword/spear/axe = Swordplay/Sword mastery
    2.2. Knifes = Swordplay/Throwing
    2.3. Bows = Swordplay/Sniping
    2.4 Guns = Gunfire/Sniping

Observation: The skills wont raise after a certain rank if the npcs level is too low.

3. Accumulating Forte points. This means you must have favorite weapons. For each 25 forte points, your attack raises 1 points, reaching the max in 1000. The forte points raises faster depending on the strength of the enemy. It also bottlenecks if the npc's lvl is too low. You can have 5 favorite weapons. If you use another when when the list is filled, it will go in place of the one with less forte points. It can be checked on "Equipment"-> "Weapon Discipline".

Observation: The maritime levels affect both defense/offense. (not sure, but I think its 1 def and 2 attack for each level).

4. Good equipments:
    4.1. It goes without saying that good equipments have a direct effect on land battles. For beginners, I would recommend a Cu Chulainn's bracelet accessory, Plate Armour(invest in Hamburg), Leather Boots and a good helmet, like a Morion Helmet(Spain or Venice, you can ask for a fellow friend to buy you 1 or 2). For weapon, I recommend a Sabre(Athens). In short, there are great equips for starters. Depending on the players capabilities, he/she could use better weapons, like the Alexanders sword, Iron helmets, etc.

5. Training Places:
    5.1 It varies. Depending on the player lvls, he will have more or less hp(depends on the total lvls), and equipment. According to my experience, it is better to fight npcs at the same or lower level than the player. Some examples of places: East coast of Turkey = lvl 18-20; India/Caribe = 20-35; South America= 35-42; Central America = 38- 55. There are also the dungeons. Middle Giza is very good for both ducats and a little training. Enter the dungeon with a battle job and sell the loot with a trader job.

Observations: Must keep both vigor/fatigue at check. If you fight with these affected, you will lose both gauge/starting health.

About sword techs, there are:

R1: 4 techs (1 special-provoke effect-for melee weapons, its the same effect)
    R2: 3 techs
    R3: 4 techs(1 special-dilaceration effect-its another effect for the other weapons)
    R4: 3 techs
    R5: 1 tech (not out yet, but you can get a r5 original tech in the moment though, by combining r4 techs)
    I think its the same for the other weapons.

Like you guys saw in the deck battle movies, for those, people prefer spears, and for a good reason: Reach. The best spear, gae bolg, has 90atk, just 10 short of excalibur. Thats nothing. More reach allows you to attack first and makes it harder to run and kite, and easier to engage all enemies in a fast sequence. I only use swords for roleplaying reasons. Btw, I will train spear techs later(only the r1 techs though).

About getting specialized with a single weapon... There are at least 2 ways to get them repaired: Getting a "world" tarot(from silver tarot) and using master smithy tools. You can get both the master smithy tools and silver tarot at Middle Luxor; the master smithy tools can also be obtained at Palenque or made at the farm. I only recommend that you use your best weapon safely though, since you could lose it if defeated. So, use it at battle campaigns, battles you feel safe at, or the coliseum. Next days I will make a table here about where to learn some techs. Maybe I will even record a movie of me trying to get R4 techs(each of the 3 are in separated places... For example, these are my notes to where get the next techs). Oh, and if you want to be a real killer at duels, I have a few secret tips, but those I will keep those with myself, muhahahaha-just kidding, I will tell them, but only to those that prove their interest on the matter by dueling me, thats the best way to show them anyway)

Power R4
    South west coast of Sumatra conqueror Lv53 (Rare)
    West Wanganui conqueror Lv54 (Rare)

Quick R4
    Cleave-four: Siem Reap

Special Quick R3
    Shiruhau: Siem Reap (Barent)

Feint R4
    Northern Pegu merchants trafficking Lv53 (Rare)
    R2 Power: Swordplay 6, Power R6
    R2 Speed: Swordplay 6, Speed R8
    R2 Feint: Swordplay 6, Feint R10
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2FH8S_ZRlKxOU84ZGtpbzRRZ2VqVGZLVElzdG5vUQ/edit?pli=1

Shanks Le Roux
    Shanks Le Roux
    Admin

Land Battle Empty Re: Land Battle

Post  Shanks Le Roux Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Having fun ha in dungeons?! Razz

Land Battle Dg110
    merong

Land Battle Empty testing!

Post  merong Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:57 pm

lol! elephant
    CaptRichie
    CaptRichie

Post  CaptRichie Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:12 pm

CaptRichie wrote:LAND BATTLES

CHAPTER 1 - UTILITY

A. What are they useful for?

1. Training swordplay/gunfire/throwing/sword mastery/sniping/traps/Merchandise Knowledge
    2. Getting shipwreck map pieces/normal maps
    3. Getting money/items from dungeons
    4. Getting roman coins in the coliseum
    5. Helping beginners by bringing them to the dungeons with tickets
    6. Deck battles(not implemented yet)
    7. Dueling, showing off and having fun

B. What they aren't very efficient, but could be used for?

1. Getting experience for battle/adventurer job
    2. Training storage(by getting defeated)

C. Land battles don't increase:

1. Plunder
    2. First aid

CHAPTER 2 - BASICS

A. What is required to land battle?

1. Consumables to support the battle. These include:

1.1. Medications, Secret Medications, Antidotes. In my opinion for the common land battle these are the staples. Why? Because your main priority is staying alive. The 4th could be an offensive item. These include: Intoxicating wine, explosives, paralysis.I recommend the wines, because they will make the npc unable to heal and use techs. You should use it when it has around half health, so you can defeat him before the effect goes off.

Observation: While the damage items(bombs, fires, etc) sound good, and help a lot in the beginning, they will make you use your weapons less, turning your skill training slower overall, since you will attack with your sword/gun/etc less times to defeat your enemy.

1.2. For the coliseum, if doing in fleet(as it should be done,) I recommend the "Perfect Evasion" items, like Hawk Wings, because the npcs can gang up on just 1 player, making it necessary to have some turns of invincibility to breath; I also recommend one medication of fleet effect.

2. The weapon skills:
    2.1. Sword/spear/axe = Swordplay/Sword mastery
    2.2. Knifes = Swordplay/Throwing
    2.3. Bows = Swordplay/Sniping
    2.4 Guns = Gunfire/Sniping

Observation: The skills wont raise after a certain rank if the npcs level is too low.

3. Accumulating Forte points. This means you must have favorite weapons. For each 25 forte points, your attack raises 1 points, reaching the max in 1000. The forte points raises faster depending on the strength of the enemy. It also bottlenecks if the npc's lvl is too low. You can have 5 favorite weapons. If you use another when when the list is filled, it will go in place of the one with less forte points. It can be checked on "Equipment"-> "Weapon Discipline".

Observation: The maritime levels affect both defense/offense. (not sure, but I think its 1 def and 2 attack for each level).

4. Good equipments:
    4.1. It goes without saying that good equipments have a direct effect on land battles. For beginners, I would recommend a Cu Chulainn's bracelet accessory, Plate Armour(invest in Hamburg), Leather Boots and a good helmet, like a Morion Helmet(Spain or Venice, you can ask for a fellow friend to buy you 1 or 2). For weapon, I recommend a Sabre(Athens). In short, there are great equips for starters. Depending on the players capabilities, he/she could use better weapons, like the Alexanders sword, Iron helmets, etc.

5. Training Places:
    5.1 It varies. Depending on the player lvls, he will have more or less hp(depends on the total lvls), and equipment. According to my experience, it is better to fight npcs at the same or lower level than the player. Some examples of places: East coast of Turkey = lvl 18-20; India/Caribe = 20-35; South America= 35-42; Central America = 38- 55. There are also the dungeons. Middle Giza is very good for both ducats and a little training. Enter the dungeon with a battle job and sell the loot with a trader job.

Observations: Must keep both vigor/fatigue at check. If you fight with these affected, you will lose both gauge/starting health.

About sword techs, there are:

R1: 4 techs (1 special-provoke effect-for melee weapons, its the same effect)
    R2: 3 techs
    R3: 4 techs(1 special-dilaceration effect-its another effect for the other weapons)
    R4: 3 techs
    R5: 1 tech (not out yet, but you can get a r5 original tech in the moment though, by combining r4 techs)
    I think its the same for the other weapons.

Like you guys saw in the deck battle movies, for those, people prefer spears, and for a good reason: Reach. The best spear, gae bolg, has 90atk, just 10 short of excalibur. Thats nothing. More reach allows you to attack first and makes it harder to run and kite, and easier to engage all enemies in a fast sequence. I only use swords for roleplaying reasons. Btw, I will train spear techs later(only the r1 techs though).

About getting specialized with a single weapon... There are at least 2 ways to get them repaired: Getting a "world" tarot(from silver tarot) and using master smithy tools. You can get both the master smithy tools and silver tarot at Middle Luxor; the master smithy tools can also be obtained at Palenque or made at the farm. I only recommend that you use your best weapon safely though, since you could lose it if defeated. So, use it at battle campaigns, battles you feel safe at, or the coliseum. Next days I will make a table here about where to learn some techs. Maybe I will even record a movie of me trying to get R4 techs(each of the 3 are in separated places... For example, these are my notes to where get the next techs). Oh, and if you want to be a real killer at duels, I have a few secret tips, but those I will keep those with myself, muhahahaha-just kidding, I will tell them, but only to those that prove their interest on the matter by dueling me, thats the best way to show them anyway)

Power R4
    South west coast of Sumatra conqueror Lv53 (Rare)
    West Wanganui conqueror Lv54 (Rare)

Quick R4
    Cleave-four: Siem Reap

Special Quick R3
    Shiruhau: Siem Reap (Barent)

Feint R4
    Northern Pegu merchants trafficking Lv53 (Rare)
    R2 Power: Swordplay 6, Power R6
    R2 Speed: Swordplay 6, Speed R8
    R2 Feint: Swordplay 6, Feint R10
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2FH8S_ZRlKxOU84ZGtpbzRRZ2VqVGZLVElzdG5vUQ/edit?pli=1

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki2.gamer.com.tw%2Fwiki.php%3Fn%3D7501%3A%25E6%258A%2580%25E5%25B7%25A7

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:49 pm